lördag 17 maj 2008

STEVE SPACEK - LET THE DOLLAR CIRCULATE (2005)

I have a bunch of new records that I want to get deeper into and maybe write some lines on this blog about. But, when I woke up this morning with a semi-hangover from yesterdays hockeygame I just felt to put this record on and drink my morning coffee in peace. This is one of those records you'll never regret that you bought.

It's just so clever, the dirty sound of the Dilla prod. and Steve's voice touching the beat in such a sensitive way. With a voice like he was smoking a package of Lucky Strike before he was entering the studio that morning.

Unfortunately spacek did'nt reach the same level with his later stuff, but they're OK so check it out if you have'nt.

I doubt that someone interested in this blog dont know the song but I put a link to a sound sample anyway, so you can remember how it was, back in 2005.

/ JayWalk

LISTEN

Inga kommentarer: