söndag 23 mars 2008

SHADES OF BLUE : MADLIB INVADES THE BLUE NOTE (2003)





This is no news! I just found this records in my crates when i was looking for some good jazzy stuff to mix. I'd forgot it actually. So I played it and found out once again that it's a fucking good record by madlib! I bought it in Manchester some years ago when madlib had released the "Shades of blue, madlib invades the blue note LP", probably i was out of money but wanted a taste of it anyway so i bought the sampler instead. Something I hardly ever do if a record is available on full lenght wax, especially not back then.

Nuff said! It's a cool sampler where Madlib uses some old blue note tunes by Donald Byrd, Ronnie Foster and Bobbi Humphrey to create a real jazzy sound! Medaphoar is also appearing on one track and thats kind of nice too.

Hey Madlib, Invade more things!

/ JayWalk

LISTEN

Inga kommentarer: